Estate Planning Lawyers in Hilton Head, South Carolina
The estate planning lawyers in Hilton Head, South Carolina at the Jolley Law Group can help you and your family with your estate planning, estate litigation, power of attorney, and other estate planning needs. What is estate planning and do you need the help of an estate lawyer? Your estate is made up of everything you own, from your home, to your car, to other property. Estate planning can involve the writing of a will, or the establishment of a trust to ensure that your wishes are honored when you pass away. A will or a trust can list your significant property and assets. It can make your wishes for these assets clear. Most people think of writing a will when they think of estate planning, but proper estate planning can sometimes be more complex, depending on your needs. What does estate planning entail? Here are some examples:
- An estate planning lawyer in Hilton Head, South Carolina at the Jolley Law Group can help you decide whether a will or a trust is the best estate planning tool for your family, and help you with the writing and signing of the will or establishment of the trust.
- An estate plan can also include legal processes to ensure that should you become disabled or too sick to make medical or financial decisions, you make your wishes clear and put someone you trust in charge of those major decisions.
- An estate plan can also include business planning, especially if you are the owner of a business.
- If you have minor children, an estate plan can also include details about whom you’d like to designate as the children’s guardian should you and your spouse or other custodial parent pass away.
- The estate planning lawyers at the Jolley Law Group in Hilton Head, South Carolina can also help you make plans for leaving assets or money to younger members of your family or members of your family for whom you’d like to control the timing and pace of inheritance received.
- An estate planning lawyer can also look closely at your situation and help you develop a plan to minimize tax burdens for your heirs and family.
These are just some of the ways that the Jolley Law Group in Hilton Head, South Carolina can help you with your estate planning needs. Some people will only require a simple estate plan, which will include the review or writing of a will, while other families will need to make more complex decisions about estate planning. Contact the Jolley Law Group, an estate planning law firm, in Hilton Head, South Carolina today to learn more.
Estate Litigation Lawyer in Hilton Head, South Carolina
In an ideal world, your estate plan will result in the smooth transfer of assets to your loved ones after you pass away. However, sometimes families may dispute a will, or question the validity of a will if there are multiple versions of a will. Sometimes a loved one might have changed his or her estate plan later in life, when he or she was impaired. All of these potential challenges are reminders about the importance of sound estate planning now, to prevent possible estate litigation in the future.
There are many reasons why a will might be disputed or why a family might face estate litigation. One thing is clear, though. If your family is facing estate litigation, it can help to have an estate litigation lawyer on your side. The estate litigation lawyer at the Jolley Law Group in Hilton Head, South Carolina is here to help you navigate any litigation your loved one’s estate may be facing.
Power of Attorney Lawyers in Hilton Head, South Carolina
A power of attorney is a legal document that allows a trusted individual or family member to make medical or financial decisions for you should you become too sick, disabled, or injured to make these decisions yourself. Everyone can benefit from having a power of attorney in place, because injury can happen at any time. However, if you have a progressive illness or are in hospice care, a power of attorney may be a more pressing and urgent matter. A power of attorney gives you the opportunity to make your medical wishes known to your family and loved ones. For example, do you want to be placed on ventilators or would you want heroic life-saving measures taken should your heart stop? A power of attorney can assign a person you trust to make major medical decisions for you and to manage your financial affairs. A power of attorney should be included in any robust estate plan. The power of attorney lawyers at the Jolley Law Group in Hilton Head, South Carolina can help you with all your estate planning needs. Contact our estate planning lawyers today. It is never too soon to start planning.