Who We Are
Helping you build stronger organizations, communities, and legacies.
Who We Are
Knowledgeable and experienced health law attorneys committed to finding our clients the best solutions.
To serve and guide those that need us to provide solutions in the health care industry.
What We Do
Our focus is health care. We help you stay between the lines so you can focus on other responsibilites.
Jolley Law Group focuses its practice on the intersection of health care and the law. Our attorneys have a deep knowledge of the health care industry and create solutions that are innovative and effective. Our clients range from physicians and therapists to academic medical centers and federally qualified health centers to pharmacies and alcohol and drug treatment providers to healthcare technology vendors. Whether you are an alcohol and drug treatment center or a health information technology company, we have the experience and resources you need.
Kelly M. Jolley
Kelly founded Jolley Law Group, LLC in 2013 and began focusing on what she knows best, the health care industry. Kelly regularly counsels health care clients and technology vendors on corporate compliance standards, best practices and corporate governance matters, and on the potential collateral consequences of business decisions. When she’s not advising boards or helping board committees negotiate complex transactions, she serves as counsel to several healthcare and technology companies and associations.
- University of South Carolina School of Law
Graduated JD cum laude, 2004
- Articles Editor South Carolina Law Review; Order of the Coif
Phi Delta Phi; Order of the Wig and Robe
- University of South Carolina-Columbia
Graduated cum laude from the Honors College, 1998
- University Scholar
- Chi Omega; Mortar Board; Omicron Delta Kappa; Gamecock newspaper; Garnet and Black magazine
Kelly M. Jolley and Lindy L. Gunderson. Data Breach Liability and Notification: What Do You Need To Know? South Carolina Lawyer, 2015
Business Associates in the Post-Omnibus Rule World: Guidelines for HIPAA/HITECH Compliance
HIT News, 2014
Accountable Care Organizations: Quality, Cost and Risk.
American Health Lawyers Association Healthcare Liability & Litigation Newsletter, 2011
HIPAA, HITECH and EHRs: How Do Providers Protect Patient Privacy in the Era of Electronic Patient Records?
The Journal Of The South Carolina Medical Association, 2010
U.S. Government’s Prosecution of Alleged Stark Violations Under False Claims Act Results In Split Verdict
American Health Lawyers Association Healthcare Liability & Litigation Newsletter, 2010
Reliance on Professional Opinions, Fair Market Value Compensation, and Commercial Reasonability of Physician Contracts Prime Issues in U.S. Government’s Prosecution of Alleged Stark Law Violations.
Health Briefs E-newsletter, American Health Lawyers Association Liability And Litigation Practice Group, 2010
Two Bites at the Apple: Holding Physician Practices Directly Liable for Medical Malpractice.
Journal Of The American Medical Women’s Association, 2004
Simmons v. Tumor Regional Medical Center and Osbourne v. Adams: Expanding or Limiting Patients’ Access to Quality Care?
South Carolina Law Review, 2002
- South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
President (2016), President-Elect (2015), Treasurer (2014), Secretary (2013), Board of Directors (2008-Present), Sea Islands Regional Representative (2006-2009)
- South Carolina Bar Health Law Section Council
Past-Chair (2015), Chair (2013-2014), Chair-Elect (2012-2013), Council (2010-Present)
- American Health Lawyers Association
Health and Information Technology Practice Group, ACO Task Force, former Vice-Chair of Liability and Litigation Practice Group
- National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI)
Lowcountry Board of Directors (2014-Present)
- House of Delegates for the South Carolina Bar (2014)
- Hilton Head Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation
You can find Kelly at the upcoming events:
99 Main Street, Suite 103
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
1201 Main Street, Suite 1100
Columbia, SC 29201
John M. Jolley
John has focused his practice on Estate Planning and Probate Administration law since 1998 and is certified by the South Carolina Supreme Court as a specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Administration. A Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), John advises individuals and business owners about estate and wealth transfer planning, tax, probate, and business planning issues.
John practiced in Richmond, Virginia and in Alexandria, Virginia before returning to
South Carolina in the fall of 2000 and is licensed in both South Carolina and Virginia. He has called Hilton Hilton Head Island home since 2005, but continues to serve clients in both Hilton Head and Columbia.
Outside of the office, John a golfer, hunter, private pilot, parish volunteer, and active
dad to four even busier children.
- J.D., University of South Carolina (1998)
- B.A., Government and International Studies, University of South Carolina (1994)
- South Carolina Bar
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Hilton Head Island Area Council of Estate and Financial Advisors
- Hilton Head Island Bar Association, Member and Past Chair
- South Carolina Bar, Professional Responsibility Committee, Past Chair
- South Carolina Bar, Probate Estate Planning and Trust Section, Former Chair and
- St. Francis By The Sea Catholic Church, Finance Council Member
- The Sandbox (a children’s interactive museum), Former Board Member
- Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra, Former Board Member
- St. Francis Catholic School (Hilton Head), Former School Advisory Council Member
- Readers’ Choice Awards, Hilton Head, SC/Bluffton, SC (2019)
- Best Lawyers in America, “Lawyer of the Year”, Trusts and Estates, Savannah, SC
- Best Lawyers in America (2016-2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent© Peer Review Rating
- Certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Administration by the South
Carolina Supreme Court
Ariail B. Kirk
Ariail is a healthcare litigator and experienced administrative lawyer. She has significant experience in the South Carolina Administrative Law Court and before state and federal regulatory agencies. Ariail’s regulatory background allows her to assist professionals and corporations in matters before the Board of Medical Examiners, the Board of Pharmacy, and other Boards under the purview of the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation and to advise and assist hospitals and other healthcare providers in their efforts to obtain regulatory approvals for new healthcare facilities and services. When she’s not in the courtroom, she’s spending time with her family and helping out in the community through a variety of Junior League projects.
- University of South Carolina Law School
- Clemson University
South Carolina Bar Health Law Section Council, Past Chair (2015-2016) and Section Delegate to the House of Delegates (2017)
American Health Lawyers Association
Junior League Columbia
1201 Main Street, Suite 1100
Columbia, SC 29201
Jacob D. Hunt
- Savannah Law School
- Ohio Northern University
B.S. Political Science and Government 2008-2012
- American Health Lawyers Association 2017-present
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division 2017-present
- Hilton Head Island Bar Association 2017-present
- Beaufort County Bar Association. 2017-present.
Director of Finance
Paula is the Director of All Things Money. She helps keep the office upbeat with her contagious smile. When she’s not keeping JLG financially organized, she enjoys spending time with her family and traveling to her favorite destination, Disney World. Paula enjoys cooking and is always looking for new recipes to try.
Would you like to schedule a meeting?
Our experienced attorneys can find the solution best for YOU.